Thursday, October 20, 2011

Setting up this new blog for the ASHEVILLE / NASHVILLE trip only

I have a daily blog where my life, emotions, and views of life go each day.
This one is going to be used for communication with the world specifically about My "little" trip to Nashville TN on horse back, from Asheville NC. 

Amber, picture taken by Emma my niece.... I just love knowing she took it!
Who... Amber, Navarre, and Sweet Pea.  Of course I am happy to have anyone accompany me who will be respectful of my horses.  After all they will be major concern on this little trip. 

Navarre or WR Prince Navarre... my pesky little 4 year old Vanner.
What ...   I am getting the pesky thing off my to do list that has been there sense I was 17.  When I graduated from High School (too many years ago to mention here) I had 10 things I wanted to do before I died.  I achieved all but one.  I quickly enjoyed the thrill of meeting a goal, tasting life by living it, and not being on the same roller coaster as everyone else my age. 

When... I am leaving my little barn in Fairview on January 1st.  

Sweet Pea my scared of her own shadow Saddlebred.
 She will be the  breaking point of this trip. 
Where... Each day will be a series of judging myself, my horses and the communities I will be riding through.  I will be having to beg for water and a yard to sleep in!  This is going to be where the real story starts.  But for now it lies with my daily rides on the horses, what it takes to get them ready.  ( don't forget I have one horse with a serious genetic issue ... so this is MAJOR for him. )   Physically, mentally, and supply wise.    After all there are no barns along the way, road side ties for the horses, I can't just trespass to allow my horses to drink water where ever they want.  This is all going to be an adventure! For me, for them, and hopefully one that will spark something in the next generation of my family.  

WHY...  Because I put it on my list, I still want to do it, and too many people WISH they had done something near the end of their life.  I do not want to be one of those people.  I want to know I lived life, did what I wanted, and enjoyed my days here.


HOW... The how is as simple as it gets.  I'm putting one foot in front of the other.  I'm just going to have to start.  


No comments: