Monday, December 19, 2011

This is ALL my supplies I am taking with me.

Without going into DEEP details...
this is...
4 days of feed, for them and me
 1 DAY of hay,
an emergency rain coat, if someone starts to shake in a cold rain.
an emergency wicking/warming blanket if someone starts so shake in the cold rain or snow...
a week of clothes for me,
a two man tent for their gear to stay dry.
a bivy for me
an air mattris,
TWO sleeping bags, one 20degree , one ZERO.
a reading lamp,
an extra tarp for HEAVY down pours
ALL my tent supplies including a mat, tarp,rain cover etc...
a pillow
two changes of thermal gear for me
a hard horse brush, med, soft...
two hoof picks ... Emergency meds... for colic, bleeding, tape, scissors, etc... goodies for me
my tin can, and stove,
their water and feed containers....

AND so much more I can't think of everything but it's there!

and it all started with my little boy...



I can't live without my insulated overalls... Life is TOO cold without them... but was getting warm while loading it all on. 


Sweet Pea just stood there! she is NOT tied... just line thrown over rail.

''=
Why the hunch back? 
Because in my little back pack is... my rain layers, my EXTRA wind protection, my face,ear and head gear! all close so I can get it!  My little back pack is BLACK... I do not want something black on my back anymore than I would put a dark color on the horses! safe is safe no matter where you are. VISIBILITY is my only friend on the road.  

Although I do have a sticker that says... horn broken watch for finger! but I have not put it on the gear!  ha ha ha... not sure that I will but? one never knows. 

and on we go....

2 comments:

mlibow said...

Wow! Very impressive. Thanks for the invitation to follow you on your journey. I wish I was going!

mlibow said...

Are you wearing packing boots?