Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'm starting Jan 3rd ...

Tuesday Jan, 3rd 2012  and as much as I hate to I am TAKING the horses to the YMCA in North Buncomb County... so I can get out of here without loosing a horse or my own life!  I hope to be there by 8 it will take me a good hour or MORE to get the horses loaded... and I'll head out.

It is an EASY route... as in ANY electronic map you can find...
YMCA, Woodfin Street, Asheville, NC
and from there... I go up US 25 / Weaverville Highway until I see New Stock road, which is on the left and no matter how complicated the details get I stay on New Stock till it T/Bones into Monticello (which there is NO SIGN anyway... at the T/bone take a right!(which is still new stock but not marked...)BUT THIS IS WHERE I HOPE TO STOP FOR THE NIGHT>>> THERE ARE PLENTY OF HORSE PLACES / DOORS TO KNOCK ON 

but to continue ...  follow Monticello/which is really still New Stock road but no signs to say either way...
back to US 25/ and 70 it is a HUGE 5 lane road with a CVS and a gas station on the other side... and take a LEFT at this light.  Now all you have to worry about is finding... Ivy ? something marked as Hill on the program I used but it's not... It's Ivy? something but also 25/70... NOT the by pass.  as I want to go right down town Marshall.... and there are signs that say as much... follow signs to Marshall and you are on your way.

I hope NOT to make it any further than Monticello and to find a place to STAY... BUT I had planned this route so long ago... I thought by this day, well into the trip I would be up to 14 mile days but I'm not going to be... So bear with me people... Again... 


Jane 3rd and 4th... DAY one and two...

The darker words above underlined are a link to an active map you can look as closely as you like!

I am not putting up any more maps till I get on the road... as people keep saying I thought you had left, I thought... but no one has been reading the pages that go with the maps... they were all posted to GET ATTENTION AND HOPEFULLY OFFERS FOR ME TO STAY SOME PLACE ALONG MY ROUTE... It did not happen so ... NOW that we are getting on the road this will be all automated as I have no one to man the site while away!

I will not have computer access! I will not have a phone signal most of the time! So... I will repost this ONE more TIME on Jan 3rd... and change it up a little on Jan 4th and then so on and so on...

I hope people read this instead of glancing this time!
Amber.

No comments: