Tuesday, December 13, 2011

the mule pack

Why am I going with a mule pack instead of just saddle panniers?
Well because I have yet to find a saddle that fits my little boy perfectly other than my wonderful English saddle that I rarely use.  I normally end up riding my horses bareback, but ... NO ONE (who cares about me) would be happy if I wondered out hundreds of miles from home without a saddle.

SO ...
I purchased SEVERAL set ups but this one fits him better than the other two.

This is how it came in the box.

Having stated I purchased several... the next picture is hard to look at, and is a horrible site, but one can NOT return gear that is dirty or appears to have been used SO... I covered my little boy with layers and layers of sheets to keep the gear/ especially the pad as clean as possible.




The thing everyone needs to know about this pack system is... it does not work without ALL the parts.  So one can not choose and pick which packs to use, you must use them all as each supports the last till the very last / the rain cover is applied and it secures everything else.  

What IS nice about this pack is the harness system will actually allow me more AREA to put RED LED TAIL LIGHTS on Navarre!   Yep!  Jerry has always insisted I wear led lights when on the road and thus we purchased a few more to put on the "kids" horses... 



No comments: