Saturday, December 10, 2011

Took out the mail box...

Today was a FUN day!
Got the mule pack set up on Navarre.  3 times... with Mike the first time, alone but with on lookers  the second ( Jerry showed up to take pictures)  , then finally I went back and did it all by myself.  It is SO heavy! I've had to break everything down in tiny steps...

Took the kids out for a spin... and took out the neighbors mailbox!   While I was worried how he would react ...It all worked out for the best...  I knocked on the door to tell him I needed to replace his mailbox and  he offered to come box scrape my barn yard.  Who would have expected that reaction?

I love my neighbors!  It also turned out to be the same neighbor that shined his spot light on me last week  (he was worried it was someone snooping around)  as I was walking through the woods to get to the barn.  It is too muddy to walk in the mud lot so late.

People in my little area are so great! they stop, talk, and ask questions, help out when ever something needs done, and they are always looking out for my horses and me... Almost feels like Joelton! (well not really ... I'm not related to them! and don't know their life history) but this is GREAT!


I'll post photos tomorrow!

No comments: