Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Life is great!

As of last night, Melanie (my most trusted side kick, right hand woman) and I drove the car from Asheville to TN.  Taking the exact route I will be riding!

I know I am all rewind and repeat! but... it was such a beautiful little drive! It was such a trip back in time... I can not wait for the slow beat of my horses hooves to count time

YES There are going to be dangers along the way!
One is a train track... While I have called for the track times I have yet to get any response.  I may have called the wrong number?
There will always be dogs along the way that will make my day (how can I say?) more adventurous! As my little car was chased by one of them last night.  Prompting Melanie to ask me what I WAS going to do about such things.  But the nice thing is... While Sweet Pea is terrified of her own shadow, she loves to chase dogs! One of the best things I did early on with my little girl was to show her she was bigger and she could scare the animal smaller than her, and she does this VERY well.  So well it makes me laugh every time! I'm all chuckles for 30 minutes after!

Navarre on the other hand ... it is one of the few things he is afraid of ... dogs! One got his back leg once catching him off guard... So it is going to be fun, it is going to be the adventure of a lifetime! And no matter what!!!! I'm going to play it safe, and have fun along the way!
Ask Melanie! she carries an air horn for bear... she aimed it at him one day to get him out of her space... (loud enough to make me jump!) he just sniffed at it, to see if he could eat it! (he is ALWAYS hungry) so she hit it again... a mere sniff, once again.
I've had him up against school buses, dump trucks etc... he's great with the road hazards... I could not do this trip without him!

we're getting close... and I'm counting down!
Much love to the world..
Amber

No comments: