Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time for the day.

9 hours and 47 minutes

While I will likely NOT put a lot of content in each of these time post it is a good way for me, and my followers to keep in mind how long I really have to be on the road.

When traveling I am not going to be able to just GET UP and leave in the dark as I wish... I will have to leave ONLY after true sun rise and I will have to stop LONG before Sun Set as I do not want to be on the road with light that is not perfect for safety reasons.

Sun up 7:40
Sun SET by 5:27
leaving me barely enough time to get in my 10 miles for the day considering we will be traveling on average 2 miles per hour IF there are no complications!


These actual times will change as I move towards the Central time zone... So while the hours and minutes are also a little different though out the region the "legal hunting" sun up / sun down will change with each place.  This is just one more thing I will have to keep up with!

Each day from here out is expected to expand by ONE MINUTE each day!   This is a good thing and will allow me that much more riding as time goes on.  You will see it adds up!

If you wish to see how this works in your area try this link... it is very specific down to each city etc...
http://www.sunrisesunset.com  try it for your place and compare to my area!
as a comparison
Sun up 7:40  Asheville NC                  Sun up 6:58  Hendersonville TN
Sun SET by 5:27  Asheville NC          Sun Set at 4:41  Hendersonville TN  which actually has 3 minutes LESS than Asheville for travel time....

No comments: